Abdominal surgeries can leave scars that last a life time. Scarred skin will have different colors and structures in comparison to the surrounding skin. Surgery scars are often deeper and last longer than scars resulted from small injuries. Removing surgery scars can be challenging. There’re topical and noninvasive treatments to reduce the outlook of scars and gradually vanish them completely.
Abdominal surgeries can leave scars that last a life time.
Things you’ll need
- Helichrysum oil
- Cotton ball
- Vitamin E oil
- Cocoa butter
- Scar treatment cream
Vitamin E is a strong antioxidant that helps bring up and improve the appearance of the skin.
- Soak a cotton ball into helichrysum then dab the scar areas. Keep the cotton on the scar areas in 5 minutes, do it 3 times a day until the scars fade.
- Apply vitamin E on scars on every morning and evening until the scars look better. Vitamin E is a strong antioxidant that helps bring up and improve the appearance of the skin.
- Massage cocoa butter on scars every day. The emollient in cocoa butter helps break down scar tissues and improve skin surface.
- Use a nonprescription scar treatment cream every day. Do as instructions until scars get faded. Old scars may need longer time of treatment than young ones.
- Talk to your dermatologist about laser scar removal. The noninvasive treatment uses laser beams to break scar tissues and heal skin. The number of time you have to come to the doctor for the treatment depends on the size and severity of your scar.
Tips and warnings
Helichrysum is an inflammatory agent that stimulates tissue developments.
Find helichrysum at health product stores. It’s an inflammatory agent that stimulates tissue developments.