Itch, whether it’s caused by poison ivy, inspect bite, chicken pox or allergies can be very annoying and lead to broken bleeding skin. While you can go to a drugstore to buy a commercial anti-itch cream, save your time and money by making your own anti-itch cream. The products around the house have been used by many people, including ones who spend much time outdoor, to reduce itchy skin.
Itch, whether it’s caused by poison ivy, inspect bite, chicken pox or allergies can be very annoying and lead to broken bleeding skin.
Things you’ll need
- 1 table spoon baking soda
- 1 table spoon oatmeal
- 1 table spoon milk
- Food processor
- Medical tape
- 2 aspirin pills
- Mortar and pestle
You can make your own anti-itch cream with baking soda, oatmeal and milk.
- Add 1 table spoon baking soda, 1 table spoon oatmeal and 2 table spoons milk in a bowl. Stir the 3 component to create a thick anti-itch mixture.
- Reduce the amount of milk to 1 table spoon and put the 3 ingredients into a food processor to create a creamy mixture.
- Apply the cream on affected areas. In the cases of severe itch, apply the cream on an antler and wrap around the affected areas. Tighten the antler with a medical tape.
- Leave the oatmeal cream on the skin until the skin is soothed. Wash the skin with warm water and pat on it to make it dry.
- Another way to treat itch is to crush 2 aspirin pills in a mortar. Add water to create a thick mixture. Apply the mixture on skin and let it dry there.
Tips and warnings
The itch caused by inspect bite is due to inflammation.
- The itch caused by inspect bite is due to inflammation. Put ice on the bit before it’s swollen to prevent itch.
- Peppermint helps sooth itchy skin.
- Apply deodorant on skin to reduce itch.
- Avoid touching rashes caused by poison ivy. If poison ivy oil is still on your skin, touching only causes you more rashes.